Welcome to my new blog post on 48 hours in Dublin! So, you’re planning a weekend in Dublin? Good choice! I have been here numerous times now and Dublin never disappoints! I was here just last week for two days and had a wail of a time. Having Dublin grow close to my heart, I congratulate you for having impeccable travel tastes! As with any major city, Dublin has no shortage of amazing things to do and see. Get the best comparison prices for Dublin and save 30%. P.S Find out about my autumn outfits here which I bought in Dublin.
When you only have 48 hours in Dublin you might feel a bit overwhelmed about where to begin and how to really make the most of your time to experience the best that the city has to offer. Never fear. I will help you with my quick fire guide to what to do while you are here: from restaurants, attractions and historic sites! When you first arrive, I recommend taking time right away to get your bearings and do some quick explore. Try walking up and down the River Liffey and around Temple Bar district to get a feel for the place.
Top things to See:
- St Patrick’s Cathedral: The grand medieval cathedral is the tallest in all of Ireland. Seriously, this is a gorgeous building. There’s also a nice little garden area beside it, perfect for a picnic.
- Dublin Castle: Slap bang in the heart of the city, the historic castle is well worth a quick visit on your weekend in Dublin.
- Dublin Zoo – If you have children or you love animals, then this is the place for you! Be prepared to spend a full day here, you won’t regret it!
- St Stephen Green – This is a lovely place to sit back and relax in the sunshine. It is a lovely park with plenty of benches to enjoy the peaceful scenery! Children can enjoy feeding the ducks as well by the pond.
- Grafton Street – You cannot go to Dublin and not walk down Grafton Street. If you want to do shopping then this is the place you need to be! Grafton Street has all the favourite hughstreet shops as well as cute souvenir shops! The atmosphere is great here and there is always fab buskers to watch!
With a few days in Dublin you’ll have plenty of time to feast on some Dublin delicacies. If you’re looking for some traditional Irish food to eat on your weekend in Dublin, you can’t go wrong with Irish stew! It is amazing, definitely one of my favourite dishes.
- Brother Hubbard – this place is FAB for breakfast. It is one of my absolute favourites. It can be quite busy as it is such a popular place! When I went last time, I had a smoothie & oat bowl – it was yum! It had whipped cream in the dish along with fresh mint served on the top! I definitely recommend.
- Las Tapas De Lola – This is our ALL time favourite. We literally go here each time haha and it has never disappointed! I recommend getting around 5 dishes between two people. Our favourites are: Goats cheese with marmalade, chorizo in white wine sauce, meatballs in tomato sauce, potatoe bravas with garlic and aioli sauce. These dishes are all divine!! The staff in here are so friendly too and they always recognise us! You do need to book here if you want a seat inside, however there is a terrace which is covered which is on a first come first basis from 5pm.
- The Cedar Tree – This is a lovely, unique, Lebanese restaurant which serves delicous food. I highly recommend going here if you want to try something new! I like to go for the chicken shawarma which comes with garlic potatoes, flatbread and salad. I also recommend getting a portion of hummus to share, it is yummy!
- Leo Burdock – The best fish and chips in Dublin!!!!
- Lemon Crepe & Coffee Co. – Now this is the BEST place in Dublin to get crepes. They do both savoury and sweet pancakes. You will be left wanting more! I always go for the Nutella with strawberries crepe – highly recommend! This place is always packed, as it is so popular, so be prepared – you may not get a seat! No worries though, you can takeaway.
I hope you enjoyed reading my guide to 48 hours in Dublin and that it makes you want to book your trip and see these lovely places within Dublin! Don’t forget your 30% deal! Got any Dublin questions? DM me on Instagram @dreaming.pretty or leave a comment below – I’m happy to help!